Jan 31, 2022
Prep for Consistent Baghouse Temperatures
During this down season, prepare to strike a balance between fuel efficiency and baghouse dewpoint with proper adjustments. It might be something before, in or beyond the drum that gives you your most accurate temperature readings at season start-up.
- Start by tuning the burner before season start-up.
- Train the loader operator to pull material from the driest portion of the stockpiles.
- Consider setting up a system that will heat and dry material on its way into the drum.
- Adjust flighting within the drum to your operation’s optimum parameters and then leave it alone to do its job. Watch flights for wear, of course, but use caution when changing flighting arrangements.
- An adjustment in rotation speed, thus dwell time, may be the solution to getting material dried optimally without blowing up your baghouse.
- Keep track of flop doors. You may need to add more counter-weight to them.
- Repair/replace seals around the high-speed slinger conveyors to ensure you have an accurate reading of dyer exit gas temperatures.
What other ideas do you have? We’ll share ideas to build a conversation on our Facebook page!
Sign up now to receive tips like this to your inbox each week!