Gencor Ultraplant® with Ultradrum® Technology
The heart of the Gencor Ultraplant® is built around the unique, patented, counterflow Ultradrum® technology. The Gencor Ultra II® burner is extended well inside the dryer for maximum efficiency and contact with the wet aggregates and uses compressed air to atomize each droplet of fuel for optimum fuel efficiency.
The isolated mixing section of the Ultradrum is located behind the burner so there is no chance of liquid asphalt encountering the burner flame. This means there is no oxidation of the asphalt, no degradation of the mix and no asphalt vapors entering the exhaust gas stream. Vapors generated in the mixing section are pulled through the burner by a patented volatile reclaim system and consumed as fuel.
Recycle is added to the isolated mixing zone through a wide collar behind the burner flame. Gencor’s fines return system is designed to provide simple metering and easy transportability. The optional Ultradrum insulation package substantially reduces thermal heat loss by reducing fuel usage as much as 7%.
Standard features include:
- Patented adjustable 5-way veiling flights;
- Patented combustion T-flights;
- Sweeping material inlet flights for even drum loading;
- Self-cleaning RAP inlet to allow up to 50% RAP;
- Large drum diameter to reduce air velocity and dust carry-out;
- Friction driven trunnion rolls for lower noise, maintenance and energy; and
- Positive volatile reclaim system to capture and destroy hydrocarbons.
For more information, contact (407) 290-6000 or visit www.gencor.com.