Aug 12, 2019
5 Ways to Celebrate Safe & Sound Week
It is officially Safe & Sound Week!
Safe & Sound Week is a nationwide event by the U.S. Department of Labor to recognize the success of workplace safety and health programs, as well as offer info and ideas on how to keep America’s workers safe.
This year, Safe & Sound Week runs August 12-18. Already, 1,975 companies across the country have registered to participate in Safe & Sound week. Here are X ways YOU can join in the fun.
- If you haven’t registered to officially be a part of the fun, you can register now.
- Check out this fact sheet to help recognize your own safety successes.
- Download a Safe & Sound graphic (or make your own).
- Order free Safe + Sound logo hardhat stickers by filling out this form
- Share your Safe & Sound safety success on social media with the hashtag #safeandsoundatwork.
The Department of Labor presents Safe & Sound Week with a number of partners, including OSHA, NIOSH and CPWR among others. Each of these partners have additional Safe & Sound Week resources available on their websites. For example, CPWR’s Find & Fix Factsheet, which can assist you in identifying and fixing hazards at your workplace.
“According to OSHA, a systematic approach to finding and fixing hazards is a proactive, ongoing process to identify and control sources of potential injuries or illnesses,” reads CPWR’s Safe & Sound webpage. “This means establishing procedures to collect and review information about known or potential hazards in the workplace, investigating the root cause of those hazards, and prioritizing hazard controls.”
For more information, visit the Safe & Sound Week website.