What’s New in the World of Asphalt?
BY Sandy Lender
AsphaltPro sets the standard for equipment and service information by focusing on what’s new in the industry. To that end, we bring you a fresh way to look at what will be offered at this year’s World of Asphalt trade show in Nashville this March 22 through 24. In this month’s product gallery, we’ll show you what new products and technology OEMs take to the asphalt and aggregate industries’ largest venue this year. We’ve broken it into two categories to make it easier for you to get right to the portion that directly impacts your bottom line: production and paving. When we ran into companies that offered products in both realms, we used our best judgment in placing them in the category that best represented their wares to avoid repetition. Those exhibitors with an asterisk are new to the trade show this year.
AirGon LLC, Huntsville, Alabama
- Stockpile volumetric calculations
AkzoNobel, Chicago, Illinois
- Adhesion promoter, emulsifier, WMA additive specialty chemicals
Albarrie Environmental Services Ltd., Barrie, Ontario
- Baghouse accessories and filter bags
Alliance Tank Services, Cushing, Oklahoma
- Constructs and inspects above-ground storage tanks
Applied Test Systems, Inc., Butler, Pennsylvania
- Asphalt lab equipment
ASGCO Complete Conveyor Solutions, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Material conveyor systems
Asphalt Drum Mixers, Huntertown, Indiana
- ADM will have information about the EX series asphalt plants at booth 1731.
- Stop in to visit with Steve Shawd, Mike Devine and Jeff Dunne.
AsphaltPro Magazine, Fayette, Missouri
- The asphalt industry’s leading publication for how-to, technical information that enhances your bottom line and helps you make positive growth decisions will give you the chance to get your picture on the front cover. Stop by to renew your subscription and get your picture with your crew.
Asphalt Shingle Grinding Service, LLC, Peru, Indiana
- Grind asphalt shingles; sell RAS in select markets
Astec Industries, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Asphalt plants
- Astec will have four large screens set up around booth 2341 where one of the two dozen representatives can share with you video and information on the latest breakthroughs in Double Barrel™ drum technology for high RAP use, and other new technologies.
Atlas Copco, Commerce City, Colorado
- Generators, light towers, Dynapac family of equipment
Atlas Equipment Services, Mayfield, Kentucky
- Conveyor system design, fabrication, repair
Axeon Specialty Products, Stamford, Connecticut
- Produces & markets performance grade liquid asphalts, PMAs
BASF, Charlotte, North Carolina
- SBR and acrylic polymers
Blasters, Inc., Tampa, Florida
- Robotic high-pressure water jetting service for interior silo cleaning
Blue Roads Solutions, Dallas, Texas
- Bulk liquid natural gas fuel & infrastructure
Blue Smoke Control, Anaheim, California
- Complete blue smoke controls
C.W. Machine Worx, Carroll, Ohio
- Electric dust suppression equipment
Cardinal Scale Manufacturing Co., Webb City, Missouri
- Complete line of weighing products & systems
Clarence Richard Services, Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Web-based training, asphalt plant weighing solutions
ClearSpan Fabric Structures, South Windsor, Connecticut
- Tension fabric buildings
- ClearSpan’s truss arch specialist, Brad Williams, will be at the booth to answer questions from visitors. Stop in to check out samples of the company’s polyethylene and vinyl fabric used in the structures.
CMI Roadbuilding, Inc., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Asphalt plants
Collaborative Aggregates, LLC, Sausalito, California
- Visit the CollAgg booth to learn about Delta S environmentally friendly asphalt rejuvenation and warm mix chemistry, and a new asphalt pavement surface restorative seal product. Enter the business card drawing to win a $100 VISA gift card each day of the show.
Crossroads Equipment, Inc., Franklin, Indiana
- Plant equipment, turnkey services
- Visit with Curt Buchanan at booth 1048
CWMF Corporation, Waite Park, Minnesota
- Portable and stationary HMA equipment
- Visit with Travis Mick, Carmie Mick and Mike Kazmierczak at booth 3566
D&H Equipment, Ltd., Blanco, Texas
- Asphalt rubber blending plants, reaction tanks, etc.
Durum USA, Spring, Texas
- Hardfacing, wear protection
Eagle Crusher Company, Inc., Galion, Ohio
- Stop by booth 2948 to talk with Vice President of Sales & Marketing Bill Rhoades, Media/Marketing Manager Daniel Friedman and a number of Eagle Crusher sales team members about the working, 3D models of the Eagle and Eagle Austin-Western jaw crusher and its UltraMax® HSI impactor. Be sure to ask about the Eagle Crusher MaxRAP™ system and the E-Plant™.
ECF, Incorporated, Columbia, Illinois
- Terminal storage design & construction
Elster Thermal Solutions, Rockford, Illinois
- Now a Honeywell company; Hauck industrial burners
Engineered Additives LLC, Sparta, New Jersey
- Green chemistry rejuvenators
ErectaStep, Andrews, South Carolina
- Turnkey stairs, gates, work platforms, etc.
Flores Automation, Muskego, Wisconsin
- Stringless paving, site modeling
FORTA Corporation, Grove City, Pennsylvania
- Fiber additives
- Stop by booth 1348 to discuss fiber additives for strengthening asphalt pavements with Scott Nazar, Dave Huddleston, Garrett Lovett, Martin Doody and Robin Dubois.
Gencor Industries, Inc., Orlando, Florida
- Asphalt plants
Gilson Company, Inc., Lewis Center, Ohio
- Visit booth 3132 to check out asphalt testing equipment in person
Heatec, Inc., Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Heatec will have an HC-120 hot oil heater on display with helical coil design, Stackpack™ economizer installed and two side-pump assemblies for multiple circuits. The team will also have a demo setup for the new Recon system, including the components required to set it up at a plant.
Herman Grant Company, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Asphalt plant parts & equipment
Hi-Tech Asphalt Solutions, Inc., Mechanicsville, Virginia
- Fiber & additive metering
Humboldt Manufacturing, Elgin, Illinois
- Nuclear and electrical density gauges, asphalt testing equipment
ICL Performance Products, LP, St. Louis, Missouri
Ingevity, North Charleston, South Carolina
- Formerly MWV Specialty Chemicals
- Stop by booth 2430 to learn more about Evotherm WMA and other additives for asphalt mixes.
K&L Supply, Inc., Brookshire, Texas
- Wholesale chemicals
Kenco Engineering, Roseville, California
- Standard & custom wear components
- Stop by booth 2842 to check out The Longhorn tip for drum cleaning
KPI-JCI & Astec Mobile Screens, Inc., Yankton, South Dakota
- Crushing, screening & conveying systems
KT Chemicals, Inc., Richardson, Texas
- Specialty chemicals & equipment
LEAP, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
- Another 100% RAP process
Libra Systems, Inc., Harleysville, Pennsylvania
- Asphalt plant automation, truck scale ticketing systems, aggregate & asphalt dispatch, camera ID, self-service kiosks, remote ticket printers, silo safety systems, mobile device/web alerts, business integration solutions
McAsphalt Industries, Ltd., Toronto, Ontario
- PG asphalts, joint & crack sealers
ME Elecmetal, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Wear parts for crushers, core liners
- Stop by booth 3054 to see a Patriot hot oil heater with iPhone/Android app and a side stream hot oil filter. Also check out the Liquid Vision asphalt tank monitoring system and tank valve control.
Miami Chemical, Miami, Florida
- Plasticizers, asphalt products
Midwesco/TDC Filter, Winchester, Virginia
- Baghouse filters, bags
MP Pumps, Inc., Fraser, Michigan
- Centrifugal pumps, fluid handling solutions
MUC, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Data management software
MultiTherm, Malvern, Pennsylvania
- Heat transfer fluids
OMI Industries, Long Grove, Illinois
Paratherm Corporation, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- Heat transfer fluids
Pine Instrument Company, Grove City, Pennsylvania
- Come to the Pine Instrument booth #3053 to see asphalt lab equipment
Poet Nutrition, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Vegetable-oil based PG modifiers, dust suppressant agents, emulsions, etc.
Process Heating Company, Seattle, Washington
- Lo-density electric heating systems, patching truck
RAP Technologies, Linwood, New Jersey
- 100% recycled hot mix plants
Reliable Asphalt Products, Inc., Shelbyville, Kentucky
- The team from Reliable Asphalt Products will have a host of items for attendees to check out, including a material transfer conveyor, an AquaFoam WMA unit, a hot oil heater, an AC metering skid, an AC unloading pump skid, and various plant parts. This year Reliable will have a stage in their booth where country artists will perform during the last couple of hours of the show Tuesday and Wednesday.
Road Builders Supply, Carmel, Indiana
- Asphalt plant equipment
Rubble Master Americas, Corp., Valparaiso, Indiana
- Mobile crushers
Shell Lubricants, Houston, Texas
- Energy & petrochemicals
Snyder Industries, Inc., Lincoln, Nebraska
- Intermediate and bulk storage tanks
Speed Space, Goshen, Indiana
- Crane-liftable buildings
Stabilis Energy, Beaumont, Texas
- Liquefied natural gas producer
Standard Filter, Fort Mill, South Carolina
- Baghouse filters
Stansteel-Hotmix Parts, Louisville, Kentucky
- Complete asphalt plants & technology solutions for asphalt plants
- Put the Stansteel-Hotmix Parts booth #2142 on your list to see WMA technology and inline blending systems in person. Get information on the new Safe-T-Sampler for getting hot mix samples directly from the truck at loadout.
Stonemont Solutions, Inc., Windsor, Colorado
- QC & mix design software
Tarmac International, Inc., Lee’s Summit, Missouri
- Asphalt plants, aggregate drying plants, material handling equipment
Troxler Electronic Laboratories, Inc., Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
- Construction testing equipment
WRT Equipment, Ltd., Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Asphalt plant parts & equipment
- Consulting engineering firm
ACE Group LLC, Surrey, British Columbia
- Low-cost replacement parts & new components for plants & pavers
Advant-Edge Paving Equipment, Loudonville, New York
- Paver attachments
Airstar America, Inc., Orlando, Florida
- Inventor of lighting balloon systems
Ames Engineering, Inc., Ames, Iowa
- Road profiler sensor technology
Bailey-Parks Urethane, Memphis, Tennessee
- Belt wipers, industrial rollers, slurry wipers, snow plow blades
Barrel Mover 5000, Dry Ridge, Kentucky
- Safety device
BG Chemical, LP, Dallas, Texas
- Release agents & cleaning chemicals
BOMAG, Ridgeway, South Carolina
- Asphalt reclaimers, milling machines, rollers, including the TANGO compaction system
Calvin Group, Inc., Windsor, Colorado
- Buy & sell used asphalt paving equipment
Carlson Paving Products, Inc., Tacoma, Washington
- Screeds and commercial pavers
CASE Construction Equipment, Racine, Wisconsin
- Rollers and loaders
Caterpillar, Peoria, Illinois
- Earthmoving, paving, crushing & mining equipment
ChemStation International, Inc., Dayton, Ohio
- Cleaners, degreasers, biodegradable asphalt release agents
Chemtek, Inc., Morrisville, North Carolina
- Biodegradable asphalt solvent, asphalt rejuvenator
Coneqtec-Universal, BIC, Wichita, Kansas
- Loader attachments
Controls Group USA, Elgin, Illinois
- Pavement testing equipment
Desert Green Technologies, LLC, Chandler, Arizona
- Fuel conditioner
Dragon Products Ltd./Ranco, Beaumont, Texas
- Trailers, dump trailers
EZ Road, Inc., Tremont, Illinois
- Temporary ramps
E.D. Etnyre & Co., Oregon, Illinois
- Distributor trucks, live-bottom belt trailers, chip spreaders, lowboy trailers
- Stop by booth 2203 to see a 36-foot live-bottom 3-axle trailer, a 55-ton lowboy trailer and a 2,000-gallon distributor truck. Ask for any of the following Etnyre experts to help you: Steve Foresly, Kevin Akins, Jimmy Akins, Kevin Sassaman, Dean Kruger, Denny Saylor, Rich Wilsie, Mario Perezcassar, Chad Hurtgam, Brian Horner, Don Etnyre.
Earthwave Technologies, Inc., Indianapolis, Indiana
- Fleet management technology
FastMeasure (by KTP Enterprises, Inc.), Deerfield, Illinois
- Vehicle-mounted distance measuring device
- Check out the FastMeasure device at booth 1452
Freightliner Trucks, Fort Mill, South Carolina
- Construction, specialty haul & bulk trucks
HCSS, Sugar Land, Texas
- Construction software
Housby Auctions, Des Moines, Iowa
- Global online auctions
InSight Mobile Data, Inc., California, Maryland
- Fleet management
IronPlanet, Pleasanton, California
- Online auctions
Keystone Engineering, Avon, Indiana
- Aftermarket drum & tooling systems for asphalt & concrete grinding
Landoll Corporation, Marysville, Kansas
- Equipment transport trailers
LDJ Manufacturing, Inc., dba Thunder Creek Equipment, Pella, Iowa
- Multi-tank trailer to isolate diesel fuel for transport to job sites
Millner-Haufen Tool Co., Nashville, Tennessee
- Metal fabrication tools, cutting tools, drill bits
MOBA Corporation, Fayetteville, Georgia
- Sonic paving grade controls
Mobile Barriers MBT-1, Golden, Colorado
- Temporary work zones
Oman Systems Inc., Nashville, Tennessee
- Estimating, bidding, field management software
Powermoon Enterprises, Ltd., Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Safety lighting
PreCise MRM, Burnsville, Minnesota
- Fleet management
RFIdentity, Inc., Austin, Texas
- RFID solutions
Ritchie Bros., Lebanon, Tennessee
- Equipment auction services
Roadtec, Inc., Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Shuttle Buggy, pavers, mills/cold planers, sweepers and other paving equipment will be on display in the Roadtec booth. Ask about the Clearview FXS® fume extraction system on Roadtec pavers and the tethering system between the SB and paver.
Royal Truck & Equipment, Inc., Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
- Haul trucks & trailers
Safety Technologies, Red Wing, Minnesota
- Automated flagger assistance devices
Sakai America, Inc., Adairsville, Georgia
- Soil and asphalt compactors
Sonetics Corporation, Portland, Oregon
- Wireless communication systems for the jobsite
Specialties Company, LLC, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Concrete breaking, rubblization, FDR, project engineering, etc.
SRJ, Inc., Schaumburg, Illinois
- Carbide milling picks, rubber tracks
Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc., Livermore, California
- GPS positioning systems
TransTech Systems, Inc., Schenectady, New York
- Non-nuclear asphalt density gauge
Tungco, Inc., Madisonville, Kentucky
- Tungsten carbide drills, inserts, wear parts, etc.
Volvo Construction Equipment North America, LLC, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
- Volvo L250H wheel loader
Weiler, Inc., Knoxville, Iowa
- Remixing transfer vehicles, pavers, etc.
Willow Designs, LLC, East Berlin, Pennsylvania
- Stop by Willow Designs’ booth to see the adjustable safety edge and devices to build notch wedge joints.
Wirtgen America, Inc., Antioch, Tennessee
- The Wirtgen family will have the new-design MTV and a new 10-foot tracked paver from Vogele in booth 2504, along with a Kleemann crusher.
Prioritize, Stay Organized at World of Asphalt
The World of Asphalt Show & Conference is just around the corner. With more than 150,000 square feet of exhibits and 115 education sessions in just a few days, staying organized and knowing where to be when will be extremely important.
To make the most of your show, be sure to download the World of Asphalt app before you go. This year, the free app offers more tools to help you plan and manage your time onsite.
Create a schedule of your must-see education sessions, networking opportunities and tradeshow floor time using the app’s show planner. With real-time alerts, you’ll never have to check your watch while you network on the tradeshow floor to make sure you don’t miss any education sessions on your schedule. And with interactive show floor maps at your fingertips, there’s no chance to get lost on the showroom floor.
You can also check out the exhibitors using the interactive exhibitor directory. The directory is searchable by company name, type of product or market area, booth number and location on the show floor. The app also has a section spotlighting new products and technologies that will be on display during the event.
“The exhibitor search is always the most utilized portion of our mobile apps,” Bobby Hoffmann, event technology manager for the Association of Equipment Manufacturers, said. “Attendees come to the show to see products and meet with the exhibitors manufacturing and selling those items. These searches and listings help them identify the top exhibitors they want to see, as well as find them on the show floor.”
You can also easily access speaker information and take surveys regarding the show and each education session you attend.
The survey tool allows attendees an opportunity to provide feedback on the sessions they attend during the conference “to allow us to continue delivering content they find useful and improve the overall conference offerings,” Hoffmann said. You can also download all conference handouts from the app.
As it has in past years, the WOA app will also offer show information and news, including the show office location, times and registration information. The app will also offer real-time access to WOA’s Twitter feed and anything shared using the show hashtag, as well as access to WOA’s Facebook page.
To make the most of your app experience, Hoffmann recommends syncing your My Show Planner account online with the app.
“This allows you to store all your favorite exhibitors and your show schedule to stay organized at the show, as well as remember who you visited after the show is over,” he said.
The app will be available in early March and can also be used at the co-located AGG1 Academy & Expo.