Dec 27, 2021
Top 10 Reasons Your Foreman Would Rather be Fishing
Asphalt paving and maintenance professionals have important and gratifying careers. But, let’s face it, there are some days that could be better. Hidden within the list below are some truths to think about for making a paving day better. Here are the top 10 reasons your paving foreman would rather be on vacation.
- Some random electric vehicle is stalled in the designated truck clean-out area.
- That’s only a partial concern because there happen to be zero haul trucks in the work zone at the moment.
- But there is a 4-ton pile of mix in front of the paver.
- Three of your laborers have started shoveling the cooling mix into the hopper.
- The breakdown roller’s water tank is empty. So is the water truck, which you can blame on vandals from overnight.
- As you walk toward the parked breakdown roller sinking into the surface course, you notice what looks like a company-issued smartphone mashed into the new mat.
- When the paver operator yells, “The plant’s back up! They’re sending the rest of the trucks,” it’s the first you’ve heard of the plant being down.
- You realize “the rest of the trucks” means 200+ tons is on its way.
- The tack truck, which could easily hold the 2,000 gallons you requested for the day, came to the job with a mere 100 gallons, which have already been applied. (The driver is currently live streaming the shoveling operation to Facebook.)
- A motorist who just entered your work zone is the state inspector for the job. (Aaaand he drove through the wet tack.)