May 04, 2020
PPE Burn Rate Now Available as a Mobile App
The National Institute for Occupation Safety and Health (NIOSH) has made its Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Burn Rate Calculator available as a mobile app. Companies and organizations can use the app to calculate their average PPE consumption rate or “burn rate.” The app estimates how many days a PPE supply will last given current inventory levels and PPE burn rate.
Based on the PPE Burn Rate Calculator Excel spreadsheet, the app features several improvements, including an easy-to-use interface and the ability to add restock. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
With the NIOSH PPE Tracker app, you can
- Track different types of PPE, such as gowns, gloves, surgical masks, respirators, face shields, and more
- Track inventory by number of boxes or number of individual units
- Add restock when calculating inventory totals
- Calculate burn rate by type of PPE (such as gloves) and for specific units (such as small gloves)
- Calculate PPE burn rate by the number of patients being treated and track changes in PPE usage as the number of patients fluctuates
- Download inventory and burn rate data and share reports via email