Feb 07, 2022
Drag Slat Conveyor Checklist for Winter Maintenance
Of the many components at the plant that can shut you right down if they fail, the drag slat conveyor is a pretty big one.
During the production season, a ground person will handle weekly and 500-hour inspections and greasing routines, but your mechanic has a vital checklist to get through during the off season. The annual drag slat conveyor checklist, according to the experts at Astec Industries, Chattanooga, involves the following:
- Grease motor bearings
- Inspect and replace cracked or broken floor liners
- Check floor liners with a density gauge
- Remove and clean all bearings according to the OEM’s recommendations
- Drain oil from the gear reducer on head shaft and re-fill
- Inspect sprockets at 50,000-ton intervals
- Change the head and tail sprockets at 200,000-ton intervals
QUICK TIP: Each time the drag floor and side liners are inspected, if any are cracked or missing, replace them as soon as possible.
Sign up now to receive tips like this to your inbox every week.