Bergkamp Launches SP5E Spray Injection Pothole Patcher
Bergkamp Inc., Salina, Kansas, has launched the SP5E spray injection pothole patcher, which replaces the company’s SP5 spray patcher. According to the manufacturer, the SP5E is a safer, simpler, and more sustainable pothole patcher model. With the SP5E, each repair takes just a few minutes. Units are equipped with a joystick and touchscreen display to provide full operator control of Bergkamp’s exclusive smart patching equipment control system (SPECS). The SP5E is truck-mounted and is operated safely from inside the cab by just one operator.
The SP5E includes safety features:
- One-person operation from inside the truck protects crew members.
- Asphalt repairs are handled from the front of the machine; traffic stays behind the patcher.
- SPECS monitors the front boom position, to help keep it in the safe operating zone.
- An automatic latching system allows the operator to secure the boom for safe travel without leaving the cab.
- Lights, arrow boards, and camera options (basic or 360-degrees) provide additional safety measures.
Additional updated features include the choice of single- or dual-chamber aggregate hopper, self-clearing spray head, Bergkamp’s B-FIT (follow up, inspection, and training) program, Bergkamp’s InPave® technology pothole patching management system, and a rental option.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (785) 825-1375.