Astec Industries RP-250 Highway Class Paver
BY AsphaltPro Staff
The Astec Industries RP-250 is a heavy-duty 10-foot (3-meter) asphalt paver that combines the advantages of rubber tires with the tractive effort of a crawler paver. This large footprint 250-horsepower machine has increased traction and flotation with a smooth ride, according to the manufacturer.
The RP-250’s unique augmented steering is assisted by the rear wheels and operators have precise control, especially in turning, according to the manufacturer. The paver’s unique frame-raise ability allows the operator to control and adjust the frame position as needed.
The RP-250 features Astec’s exclusive anti-segregation design of the feed tunnel, the feed tunnel discharge and the rear augers.
- Delta Plate defines the front wall of the material tunnel, preventing mix from rolling forward under the paver.
- Augers are kept close to the discharge of the conveyors, so material is always kept moving. The auger assembly pavers can be hydraulically raised, lowered and tilted.
- Electric flow gates are designed to be simple to operate and to give precise control over the head of material.
- Features include:
- Cummins QSB 6.7, Tier 4F engine
- 250 hp @ 1,900 rpm
- Up to 233 fpm paving speed
- 252 cu ft hopper capacity
- Frame raise capability
For more information visit astecindustries.com.