Apr 19, 2022
April 22: STEM Signing Day in Missouri
On April 22, the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry will recognize 20 outstanding students from across the state as they sign letters of intent to study science, technology, engineering and math.
STEM Signing Day puts the spotlight on brilliant Missouri high school seniors as they make the big decision on where to further their education, much in the same way athletes are celebrated as they choose a school.
This year’s signing day event will bring together 20 STEM students from across Missouri for a virtual program streamed live on Facebook, including remarks from Gov. Mike Parson and additional state and business leaders. Each student participating in the event will receive a $1,000 scholarship. The event was created in 2019 by the Missouri Chamber Foundation’s Mathematics and Science Coalition in partnership with The Boeing Company.
“Building a world-class STEM workforce is critical to the future of Missouri’s economy. STEM Signing Day is a chance for our state to celebrate and recognize the academic achievements of some of our brightest young scholars,” said Daniel P. Mehan, president and CEO of the Missouri Chamber. “STEM Signing Day is a great opportunity to let these young people know how much Missouri values their contributions and that there are outstanding career opportunities right here in Missouri when they are ready to enter the workforce.”
Members of the press are invited to watch the ceremony on the Missouri Chamber’s Facebook page.
Missouri STEM Signing Day
April 22, 2022
11 a.m. -12 p.m. CST
2022 STEM Signing Day Scholarship Recipients
- Jaylana Ahmetspahic — Parkway South High School, attending University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis
- Rayan Bouchama — Battle High School, attending University of Missouri – St. Louis
- Aaliyah Brooks — McCluer North High School, attending St. Louis Community College – Florissant Valley
- Benjamin Byrd — Troy Buchanan High School, attending University of Missouri – Columbia
- Haley Hunsel — Troy Buchanan High School, attending University of Missouri – Columbia
- Vahdet Karatas — Gateway Science Academy, attending Washington University in St. Louis
- Leonia Konde — Gateway STEM High School, attending Saint Louis University or University of Missouri – St. Louis
- Samara Lewis — Midway High School, attending University of Missouri – Columbia
- Nevin Ndonwi — Metro Academic and Classical High School, attending Washington University in St. Louis
- Christian Pease — Lutheran High School North, attending Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Jeannette Ramirez — Marquette High School, attending Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Koen Schaffer — Francis Howell North High School, attending University of Missouri – Columbia
- Ethan Vanderwert — Rock Bridge Senior High, attending University of Missouri – Columbia
- Michael Viermann — Raymore-Peculiar Senior High, attending University of Missouri – Kansas City
- Benjamin Wiseman — Eureka Senior High School, attending Saint Louis University
- Jenna Woelfel — Francis Howell Central High School, attending University of Missouri – Columbia
- Javon Armstrong — Riverview Gardens High School, attending Harris-Stowe State University
- Dalton Berhorst — Canton High School, attending State Technical College of Missouri
- Alejandro Espinoza — Gateway STEM High School, attending St. Louis Community College Forest Park
- Daniel Svistun — Ozark High School, attending Drury University
This year’s STEM Signing Day sponsors include The Boeing Company, Cerner, Orscheln Industries, the Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development, and the Missouri Mathematics and Science Coalition.
The Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry is the largest business association in Missouri. Together with the Missouri Chamber Federation, the Missouri Chamber represents more than 75,000 employers. To learn more, go to www.mochamber.com, or follow us @MissouriChamber on Twitter.