Apr 04, 2022
Women of Asphalt Appoints Victoria Taffet to Board of Trustees
BY Women of Asphalt
Women of Asphalt (WofA) is excited and proud to announce the appointment of Victoria Taffet to its Board of Trustees. In 2019, Victoria became the Colas USA Continuous Improvement (C.I.) Manager focusing on national strategic improvement projects.
“Our Board of Directors is composed of a dedicated team of community leaders committed to empowering women in asphalt industry careers,” said Amy Miller, WofA Board President. “We are excited to channel Victoria’s talent, expertise, and energy into furthering our mission.”
Victoria Taffet graduated with a Bachelor’s in Organizational Management from Warner University in 2005 and a Master’s in Management & Leadership from Webster University in 2007. Victoria started her construction career in 2011 with Reeves Construction Company, a Colas Company, as their C.I. Manager. Before starting with Reeves Construction Company, she was responsible for managing maintenance on Launch Pads A & B for United Space Alliance (USA), contractor to NASA, for the space shuttle program at Kennedy Space Center. While there Victoria earned her Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt certification and launched her career in change management and process improvement.
“I am honored to be a member of such an important and impactful association,” says Taffet. “I look forward to sharing my experience and expertise to help support women in the asphalt and construction industry and raise awareness around diversity.”
Taffet joins the following WofA Board Members:
- Amy Miller, P.E., President, National Director of the Asphalt Pavement Alliance
- Audrey Copeland, Ph.D., P.E., Secretary, President & CEO of the National Asphalt Pavement Association
- Sheila Barkevich, Treasurer, Northeast Division Performance Manager, CRH Americas
- Janelle Barrientos, Asphalt Distributions Manager for Flint Hills Resources LLC
- Ashley Batson, J.D., Manager of Government Relations, Road Construction, for Ingevity
- Kirsten Fowler, P.E., Executive Director of the Asphalt Pavement Association of Indiana
- Debbie Novak, Sales Representative for Missouri Petroleum Products Co. LLC
- Tracie Schlich, Director of Marketing and Membership for the Asphalt Institute
- Kari Shiflett, Director of Human Resources for Lakeside Industries Inc.
- Marquisha Williams, The Heritage Group—Safety Representative
To learn more about the WofA board and read member bios, click here.