Jan 23, 2023
HAPI Announces 2023 Hall of Fame Inductee Steve Muench
Established in 2021, the Hawaii Asphalt Paving Industry (HAPI) Hall of Fame honors and recognizes those individuals that have:
- Made significant and lasting contributions to the Asphalt Paving Industry.
- Unselfishly and generously served HAPI and the industry.
- Demonstrated a consistent high standard of ethics.
- Made outstanding contributions of time and or ideas to the industry.
- Helped mold our industry, reshape, and improve the way the industry operates.
HAPI has announced its 2023 HAPI Hall of Fame inductee, Steve Muench.
Muench grew up in Kailua and has been civil engineering faculty at the University of Washington since 2004. He was introduced to HAPI in 2002 and spent the next decade returning home to give a series of training seminars to over 1,000 attendees. In 2004 Steve produced the first online HAPI Asphalt Pavement Guide, including HAPI-recommended pavement designs. Although he and his family live in Seattle, WA he returns often and will always be a local boy at heart, HAPI said.